Submitting a VAN Support Request
Users who need help with VAN are strongly encouraged to request help through the “Submit a Support Request” tool in VAN or to submit a ticket via this platform or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to submit a VAN Ticket
You should send a VAN ticket when there is an urgent technical issue directly pertaining to VAN's tools. For example, polling Locations, API Key integrations, score loading etc.
Best Practices Tips
- “Object - deviation”: The “object” specifies what thing or group of things is having a problem, and “deviation” describes the deviation from expected behavior
- Describe the symptoms of your problem carefully and clearly
- Describe the environment in which it occurs
- Include all ID numbers and titles when possible (VANID, Saved List ID , User ID, Survey Question ID, Folder ID, etc.)
- Describe what you’ve done to try to understand/diagnose/solve the problem before submitting the ticket.
- Remember that you have the permissions to impersonate a user for troubleshooting purposes
- Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration
- If at all possible, provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment
- Describe your problem’s symptoms in chronological order
- Please do not report a bug unless you are certain
- For general questions or if you have any questions about how something in VAN works, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
- This is where you can access VAN’s new Help Docs: